Compare & Save on Car Hire Melbourne Airport, Melbourne, Australia
Searching for car hire in a different country? Compare
Car Hire Melbourne Airport: Top Tourist Information
- Melbourne or Tullamarine Airport is located 23 kilometers (14 mi) away from the city center and is the second busiest airport in Australia. It even has its own postcode (3045).
- There are six on-site car rental companies offering their services to the city center. Skybus is the express bus service operating 24/7 every 10 minutes from the airport even on public holidays as well to the center.
- Passengers travelling on international flights are requested to arrive at least 2-3 hours prior to their flights and 1 hour prior to their domestic flight.
- There are five car parks in the airport offering various options like short-term, multi-level, long-term, business, express car-parks, etc. operating 24 hours a day.
- There are 56 gates at the airport out of which 40 are for domestic use and 16 for international use. From the ground floor level of the airport, taxis are available from terminals 1, 2 and 3.
- The airport was acknowledged for its service when it received the prestigious International Air Transport Association Eagle Award and two National Tourism Awards for tourism services.
- For more information about the Airport, visit: http://www.melbourneairport.com.au
Australia Car Hire Tips and Stories from Webcarhire
Weekend Driving trip to Warrnambool
My family and I recently spent the weekend in Warrnambool. The Princess Highway is the most efficient way to drive there from Melbourne. The drive takes you through the City of Geelong. AFL fans will delight in the opportunity to stop off at Simonds Stadium, home ground of The 2011 AFL Premiers The Geelong Cats.
The ...Continue Reading
Travelling around Israel
Recently we have had a couple of fabulous driving holidays. The first trip was in Israel in April this year. We spent a few days in the racy, bustling Tel Aviv where we spent a lot of time walking to see the sights – amazing Bauhaus architecture especially Rothschild Boulevard, renovated and trendy Neve Zedek, ...Continue Reading
Convenient Car Hire from Airports in Australia