Compare & Save on Car Hire Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Searching for car hire in a different country? Compare
Reasons to Choose Melbourne Car Hire
- Australia’s second largest city, Melbourne is a hub for culture, food, hidden bars and the arts. All year round Melbourne plays host to a myriad of festivals covering everything from music and wine, to even film and comedy. To download the latest Melbourne festival calendar, check out www.visitmelbourne.com
- Smooth traffic and road conditions make Melbourne one of the safest cities to drive in.
- Melbourne car hire is made easy by the many pick-up and drop-off locations available. Choose from Airport, off-Airport, inner city, outer city and suburb locations for your Melbourne car hire.
Car Hire Melbourne: Top Tourist Information
- In Melbourne driving is done on the left side of the road.
- In most cases, Australian drivers must be over 21 years of age and hold a full license in order to hire a car.
- Melbourne Airport is in Tullamarine, about a 30 minute drive to Melbourne’s city centre.
- Toll roads are clearly signalled. Car hire companies will charge these costs back to you.
- Melbourne locals love Australian Rules Football, whose official season runs from April to September.
Convenient Car Hire from Airport in Melbourne Airport
Australia Car Hire Tips and Stories from Webcarhire
Weekend Driving trip to Warrnambool
My family and I recently spent the weekend in Warrnambool. The Princess Highway is the most efficient way to drive there from Melbourne. The drive takes you through the City of Geelong. AFL fans will delight in the opportunity to stop off at Simonds Stadium, home ground of The 2011 AFL Premiers The Geelong Cats.
The ...Continue Reading
Travelling around Israel
Recently we have had a couple of fabulous driving holidays. The first trip was in Israel in April this year. We spent a few days in the racy, bustling Tel Aviv where we spent a lot of time walking to see the sights – amazing Bauhaus architecture especially Rothschild Boulevard, renovated and trendy Neve Zedek, ...Continue Reading
Pick up and Drop off Locations for Australia Car Hire