Compare & Book Australia Car Hire
Searching for car hire in a different country? Compare
Australia Car Hire Tips: Driving Conditions
- Driving conditions are generally amongst the world’s best in Australia.
- Toll roads exist in some cities including Melbourne and Sydney. Signs will warn of toll fees if they apply. In most cases, your car hire company will forward this charge to you via your credit card.
- In Australia, you drive on the left.
- It is illegal to drive while operating a mobile device including a GPS. Make sure your GPS is fixed to your car before you start your drive.
- In Melbourne, trams share the roads with motorists. Drivers must always stay clear of tram tracks.
Reasons to Choose Australia Car Hire
- Australia’s coastline stretches over 50,000 km and is brought together by over 10,000 beaches.
- Sydney, though not the capital of Australia, is home to the country’s most famous attraction – The Sydney Opera House. In summer free concerts are performed on the Opera House steps.
- Sydney’s sister city, Melbourne, is the epitome of cultural living. Hidden cafes and underground bars make for a curious experience.
- Brisbane is your gateway to the North East of Australia. Drive through Queensland to see stretches of sand, the Heritage protected Daintree Rainforest and the Great Barrier Reef.
- The Great Ocean Road is one of the most scenic drives in Australia. Found in Victoria, the road covers 243 km.
Convenient Car Hire from Airports in Australia
Australia Car Hire Tips and Stories from Webcarhire
Weekend Driving trip to Warrnambool
My family and I recently spent the weekend in Warrnambool. The Princess Highway is the most efficient way to drive there from Melbourne. The drive takes you through the City of Geelong. AFL fans will delight in the opportunity to stop off at Simonds Stadium, home ground of The 2011 AFL Premiers The Geelong Cats.
The ...Continue Reading
Travelling around Israel
Recently we have had a couple of fabulous driving holidays. The first trip was in Israel in April this year. We spent a few days in the racy, bustling Tel Aviv where we spent a lot of time walking to see the sights – amazing Bauhaus architecture especially Rothschild Boulevard, renovated and trendy Neve Zedek, ...Continue Reading
Pick up and Drop off Locations for Australia Car Rental