Compare & Save on Car Hire Athens, Mainland, Greece
Searching for car hire in a different country? Compare
Reasons to Choose Athens car hire
- Athens is the capital and largest city of Greece. It is the birthplace of modern Western civilization and is home to many ancient and modern attractions.
- The transport network in Athens has been modernised in the last decade with a new subway system, upgraded roads and new buses. On foot or using public transport you can explore central Athens’s rich culture and history. Be overawed by the Parthenon, Temple of Olympian Zeus and the spectacular new Museum of the Acropolis.
- Hire a car to explore various districts beyond central Athens, each district has distinct history and charming attractions which is must to visit. Meteora is another must-see for all visitors to Greece. It is a complex of six monasteries built atop natural sandstone rock pillars and requires determination to access via long ropes.
- Day trips to the Corinth Canal, the ancient theatre at Epidaurus and to the ancient sites of Olympia, Delphi and Mycenae can only be possible with a car hire. Other towns along the Peloponnese such as Nafplion are charming and watchful.
Top Tourist Information & Athens Car Rental
- There are 12 hills in Athens out of which seven are historical. The Acropolis and Lycabettus are most prominent and offer amazing view of Athens both day and night.
- Athens Eleftherios Venizelos International Airport is 17 miles from the city centre. The airport has good infrastructure and standard facilities like food courts, duty-free shops, banks and other airport services.
- The airport serves domestic and international flights.
- Athens offers a variety of accommodation options, from camping and hostels, to five star luxury hotels.
- For more information on Athens visit: www.athensguide.org/athens-tourist-information.html
Greece Car Hire Tips and Stories from Webcarhire
Travelling around Israel
Recently we have had a couple of fabulous driving holidays. The first trip was in Israel in April this year. We spent a few days in the racy, bustling Tel Aviv where we spent a lot of time walking to see the sights – amazing Bauhaus architecture especially Rothschild Boulevard, renovated and trendy Neve Zedek, ...Continue Reading
Q&A: What are the Blood Alcohol Concentration limits across Europe?
Europe is wonderful to explore by car but driving across borders has its hazards.
When each country's road rules are different to the next, it's vital you do your research before you get behind the wheel.
Here's a head start to being a safe driver in Europe.
Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) limits for countries in Europe are:
0 ...Continue Reading
Pick up and Drop off Locations for Greece Car Hire